COMEGI is a research centre devoted to the promotion of advanced research on Management Sciences, Markets and Technology Management of the Universidade Lusíada (UL) embracing the units of Lisbon, Porto and Vila Nova de Famalicão and contributing also to the scientific background of higher degrees offered by this University on the areas of Management, Industrial Management, Marketing, Decision Sciences and Public Markets.
This centre, COMEGI, stems from the previous existing research centre of the UL, CLEGI, which was devoted just to industrial management, being the mission of COMEGI to promote advanced research on Management Sciences:
- Including the major area of Public Systems with the purpose of studying public markets as well as the most relevant features of the labour market and vocational training;
- Pursuing research lines on E-Business, Marketing and Consumer Behaviour giving special attention to analytical modelling, field surveying and experimental testing;
- Developing advanced research on the areas of Human Resources Management, Leadership, Sustainability, Motivation and Performance Assessment;
- Promoting advanced research on Societal Reporting, Auditing, Financial Control and Prediction for private companies;
- Developing advanced research on Technology Management including operations management, industrial systems and competitiveness.
Therefore, this Mission implies an innovative approach integrating interdisciplinary advanced know-how on multiple Sciences such as Organizational Theory, Operational Research, Marketing, Public Procurement, Human Resources, Technology and Industrial Systems, Financial Control.